Father and Daughter - Thursday December 18, 2008

Discussion of any of the archived O&M comics, and potential new ones should they ever come about.

Moderator:Æron

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:15 pm

I like this one. Looks like DCS plans on including Locke in a future story.

I've been planning on revising the beginning of my poem but didn't know how. With this new info about Locke, I now know exactly what to do. Thanks, DCS!
My Deviant Art page, home of my epic biography of Captain Lucius Locke, The Pirate's Tale.
Now including artwork!

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:29 pm

The only other way it could be disturbing is if he starts courting his granddaughter without knowing it. He does have an unreliable memory.
These last few strips indicate Locke's memory has fully returned.

Like some other fictions imply, the longer you stay in an alternate universe, the less you remember of where you originally came from. See Narnia and Peter Pan for examples of this.

Having now spent a fair amount of time in both worlds, Locke may be getting immune to this "memory failure".

Just a guess. Locke DOES seem more on the ball in this story than the last time we saw him.

Another theory, those from Locke's world may only "boomerang" once and then grow old and die. Seems reasonable anyway.

Michael Cruz

Postby Michael Cruz » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:24 pm

I'm just surprised Millie knew that word.
How is that surprising?

Seeing as she's read and memorized an entire dictionary, I'd be surprised if she didn't know it...
A poem by Shel Silverstein.

Mermorizing Mo memorized the dictionary but just can't seem to find a job. Or someone who would wan't to marry somebody who memorized the dicitonary.
Rock N' Roll!!!!!!!!!!

datherman

Postby datherman » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:53 pm

Liked this one a lot more than yesterday's. His explanation still seems slightly forced, but not to the same extent as before.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

The MAZZTer
Location:Destiny, several billion light years from Earth. Also known as Vancouver.

Postby The MAZZTer » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:26 pm

On a secondary note, I always suspected that this would be how Locke's aging would work. I suppose this makes him potentially immortal.
A long lost relative of Locke?!!?
Liked this one a lot more than yesterday's. His explanation still seems slightly forced, but not to the same extent as before.
He might as well have just come out and said "Hey guys, Locke's gonna be in my future O&M stories, but I'll make him older. Because I WANT TO SO THERE." :D

Steve the Pocket

Postby Steve the Pocket » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:41 am

I'm a little pleasantly shocked. Not only does the long-forgotten character make a dramatic comeback, he's even sticking around for the upcoming Funky-Winkerbean-style-time-warp version. I wonder what happened that made Dana suddenly decide to start using him again after six years.

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:07 am

I'm a little pleasantly shocked. Not only does the long-forgotten character make a dramatic comeback, he's even sticking around for the upcoming Funky-Winkerbean-style-time-warp version. I wonder what happened that made Dana suddenly decide to start using him again after six years.
Well, if you believe my family and friends, it was my poem which is a biography of Capt. Locke.

From an e-mail DCS sent me when I sent her the poem:

Also, I totally love your poem. :) Would you mind if I shared it with readers?

--
-D.C. Simpson

While DCS has yet to actually mention the poem itself here, it's possible she may have been inspired to bring Locke back after reading it.

Of course, DCS may have had this in mind all along and it's just a wild coincidence (probably). Still, part of me hopes I had some inspiration. Stranger things have happened in the O&M world.

CptRaccoon
Location:I want to be in North America, but I'm in the stupid Germany. But Danmark is also nice.

Lough A Lot

Postby CptRaccoon » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:55 am

I had LOL at the time I see the strip, Millie look like a giant to Locke^^

Because he always look so adult like (for me), but Millie look like everytime like A little sweet strange fox girls (to me).

And did you think Locke is proud about Millie that she is his daughter? I think so, he didn't really say it but it look like. I mean, wouldn't you also proud if You have a daughter!

PS: about honor, why talk Japanese about honor? They steal our technical and sell it in a better looking way. Oh yea, Japanese have honor^^!
So If anyone can tell me what Japanese mean with honor, please write me a letter!
Forgive me my ERRORS.
I'm a german dork.
Wich want to be an american guy.
Pleas, Pleas, Pleas forgive me.

I want to know what u think about my comic i drawing in the past?
I've got draw 5 strips and 3 are alredy online and I want to say it was writing in the puparty phase who you like to have a girl, wich started last year and end this year in the week I got my E-Guitar (funy?). I say that bevause I won't that u think I'm an psycho or something. It is full of fellings I have at this time!
http://cptraccoon.cp.funpic.de/Shit%20H ... 00001.html
And please give me a feedback!

I love millie she is the sweetest girl of the world

Neil Armstrang said when he landed on the moon:
"that's one more slice of Lasagna"

Ozymandias

Postby Ozymandias » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:22 am

Um... not sure what the Japanese bit is about at the end of your post... I might comment on your SPAG but it really isn't worth it.

Anyway, about the being proud thing, I think he is. Or he wouldn't be promising to be back, would he? :)
The end is nigh!

Ozyfox

Postby Ozyfox » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:29 am

On any kids you might wind up having
This sentence is hard to translate, could someone tell me this using other words? :oops:

Trance

Postby Trance » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:22 pm

"...on the children you might eventually have."

Ozyfox

Postby Ozyfox » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:20 pm

wow, I thought it would mean this but wasnt sure.......

locke goes far in the future. :wink:

Baconsticks

Re: Lough A Lot

Postby Baconsticks » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:05 am

PS: about honor, why talk Japanese about honor? They steal our technical and sell it in a better looking way. Oh yea, Japanese have honor^^!
So If anyone can tell me what Japanese mean with honor, please write me a letter!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bushido

Take it.

osprey

Postby osprey » Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:48 am

Yeah, "wind up" can basically be substituted for "eventually".
OK. pants it. I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

Trance

Postby Trance » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:56 pm

Yeah, "wind up" can basically be substituted for "eventually".
Not straight-up, though. "on any kids you might eventually having"

Return to “O&M Strips”