Friday, December 12, 2008: Locke has his say

Discussion of any of the archived O&M comics, and potential new ones should they ever come about.

Moderator:Æron

Extreme-Speed

Postby Extreme-Speed » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:04 pm

Locke will thrust his sword into Llew's chest, wounding him. Then an epic battle will begin. It will end with Llew dieing at the hands of Locke, but him being roasted into a charcoal brick as Llew's last act.

The dragons will be mightily offended at this turn of events, and will either eat all of the foxes in the crowd, or roast them then eat them. Ms. Mudd will take Ozy and Millie before this happens and board a plane to Antarctica where they will live out the rest of their lives as researchers. The dragons will go back home and conspire some more.

The MAZZTer
Location:Destiny, several billion light years from Earth. Also known as Vancouver.

Postby The MAZZTer » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:35 am

I prefer to assume Locke's plan of action is to PARTY.

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:45 am

You don't know who "They Might Be Giants" are?
Yes, but what do they have to do with anything?

Dr. Sticks

Postby Dr. Sticks » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:42 am

Fritz, because I know you're reading this, please tell cougartiger about TMBG fans and their notorious "interps"
http://www.spingain.com/?ref=146518
Well put doog. You never posted anything offensive whatsoever
we know she'll be back, like a good bitch should.

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:36 am

Fritz, because I know you're reading this, please tell cougartiger about TMBG fans and their notorious "interps"
Well, I can kinda get some meaning from that.

I admit that I'm seeing things in the strip that DCS did not intend. But I see them nonetheless. I don't do this sort of thing all the time.

Maybe it would help if I explained that I spent up to 8 hours a day in a projection booth in the movie theater I work at. I have no one to talk to (not allowed to leave the booth) so I tend to overthink things. Sorry.

Anyway, whatever happens next is bound to disappoint. I cannot imagine DCS has any other surprises up her sleeve. Unless Isolde assassinates Lewellyn as part of a conspiracy she is working. :dragon:

datherman

Postby datherman » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:09 am

Maybe it would help if I explained that I spent up to 8 hours a day in a projection booth in the movie theater I work at. I have no one to talk to (not allowed to leave the booth) so I tend to overthink things. Sorry.
Hey, whaddya know, I work at a movie theater too. Yay $7.25 an hour! Ah well, at least I get free movies (and just watched the James Bond movie tonight for the first time).
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

GeorgiaCoyote

Postby GeorgiaCoyote » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:17 pm

I don't see much happening from Locke. Afterall, that little wooden sword is no match for the fiery breath of Llewellyn.
Nathan

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:47 am

Hey, whaddya know, I work at a movie theater too. Yay $7.25 an hour! Ah well, at least I get free movies (and just watched the James Bond movie tonight for the first time).
Small world. I make a little more than you, $9.75 an hour. I had a projection system installed back in February so even free movies won't get me out of the house!

Besides, my theater makes you jump through hoops to see a movie. First call ahead to let them know you are coming, then when you get there, you have to fill out a form and get a manager to sign it. It's just not worth it even for free.
My Deviant Art page, home of my epic biography of Captain Lucius Locke, The Pirate's Tale.
Now including artwork!

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

Steve the Pocket

Postby Steve the Pocket » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:03 am

Most of the ones I've read involve drugs.

I'm sticking with my theory on "S-E-X-X-Y" though, simply on the merit that it is hilarious.

osprey

Postby osprey » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:17 am

ur not t3h b0ss 0f me naow.
OK. pants it. I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

AmigaDragon

Postby AmigaDragon » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:38 am

I think this is the most I've seen of Locke since the beginning. Since he has a bio, I expected to see more of him. If there's more strips later (O&M in high school or later), will he still be around (considering he ages in reverse)?

----------------
Now playing on Winamp: Joaquin Rodrigo - Fantasia for a Gentleman (Classical Minnesota Public Radio)
via FoxyTunes
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

datherman

Postby datherman » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:14 pm

Small world. I make a little more than you, $9.75 an hour. I had a projection system installed back in February so even free movies won't get me out of the house!

Besides, my theater makes you jump through hoops to see a movie. First call ahead to let them know you are coming, then when you get there, you have to fill out a form and get a manager to sign it. It's just not worth it even for free.
Dang, even our shift leaders only start at $8.25 an hour. Crazy Georgia. In any case, for me it's as easy as walking up, asking the ticket stub ripper to call a manager over to customer service, and filling out a quick form (name, movie title, number of tickets, manager's signature). Was going to go see Bolt today but the water main broke and closed down the theater =/
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:54 am

Dang, even our shift leaders only start at $8.25 an hour. Crazy Georgia. In any case, for me it's as easy as walking up, asking the ticket stub ripper to call a manager over to customer service, and filling out a quick form (name, movie title, number of tickets, manager's signature). Was going to go see Bolt today but the water main broke and closed down the theater =/
Actually, our free movie policy changes whenever we get a new general manager. We just got a new GM who is determined to make life difficult for us.

It's OK though. I see enough of most movies up in the booth that I can wait to see the whole movie on DVD or Blu-Ray (I have both).

I've pretty much seen all of Bolt. Not too much of Quantum Of Solace though. I keep seeing the same few scenes of that over and over. I hate it when that happens!

Our theater only ever closed once and that was during a state of national emergency during a severe snowstorm. We didn't close when the sprinkler system malfuntioned and soaked the entire lobby, nor when we had a raging forest fire last year that could be seen from the roof of the building. Every store surrounding us had closed. The whole building was covered in smoke and I spent the whole day coughing. I half considered going to the hospital across the street to get checked for smoke inhalation!

Anyway, we should have a new strip tomorrow and one or two more after that. Here's hoping they're good ones!
My Deviant Art page, home of my epic biography of Captain Lucius Locke, The Pirate's Tale.
Now including artwork!

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:03 am

Dang, even our shift leaders only start at $8.25 an hour. Crazy Georgia.
I should probably mention that I'm an assistant manager (though all I do is projection) and get a salary bump every year if my employee evaluation is good.

I'll get another increase in salary when I finish level 4 of projection certification. I'm studying for level 3 now. Probably won't get to take the test untill after the holidays though.

Oh, our great NJ governor has decided to take more money out of our paychecks starting July 2009 for some family vaction plan. That's on top of the heavy taxes he already has us paying. :x
Now including artwork!

AmigaDragon

Postby AmigaDragon » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:13 am

Taking more of your money for HIS vacation plan?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Return to “O&M Strips”