Thursday, March 20, 2008: Filler

Discussion of any of the archived O&M comics, and potential new ones should they ever come about.

Moderator:Æron

optiMITCHprime
Location:on the planet next to alpha centauri that nobody ever notices

Postby optiMITCHprime » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:49 am

The cake is a lie! Run Ozy!
lol, portal referance! :grin: and also, please don't yell at me for not posting for a month! :sad:
Babies have big heads and big eyes, and tiny little bodies with tiny little arms and legs. So did the aliens at Roswell! I rest my case.

Bocaj Claw

Postby Bocaj Claw » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:06 am

Let them eat cake! It is delicious and moist.
That which does not kill me, cripples me for life.

My deviantART account

nickspoon
Moderator (retired)

Postby nickspoon » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:08 am

Is it me or are they a little bit shorter than usual?

Rich::
It's just a really big cake.
If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. (Revelation 2:5, NIV)
Josh Woodward, Ohio Singer/Songwriter, offers his songs for free. Give him a listen.

VenM2
Location:Savannah College of Art and Design. Not really, I just go there for school.

Postby VenM2 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:30 am

lol, portal referance! :grin: and also, please don't yell at me for not posting for a month! :sad:
Never played portal. I just keep hearing people say "We will give you cake" and "The cake is a lie!" and "Still alive."

The MAZZTer
Location:Destiny, several billion light years from Earth. Also known as Vancouver.

Postby The MAZZTer » Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:20 pm

Tarukai

Postby Tarukai » Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:26 pm

"You, cake or death?"

"Cake, please."

"Were out of cake! We only had three bits and we weren't expecting such a rush!"

"So my choices are... or death?"

"What'll you have then?"

"I'll have the chicken."
[00:34:00] <Dermy> I do love to manipulate the standard rules of language for opportunistic effect
[00:34:06] <Dermy> Like a grammar hyena, I am
[00:34:16] <Dermy> Munching on the tasty entrails of tradition

[22:26:20] <MuffinSticks> I'm a chocolate muffin with white ears and a striped black and red tail
[22:26:35] <MuffinSticks> And exactly 6 chips

My DA account, for those who care enough to look/click/etc.
And my FA account as well!

GeorgiaCoyote

Postby GeorgiaCoyote » Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:47 pm

Hmmm...cake or death...such a hard choice. Think I'll have to go with cake on this one...unless it's coconut. Then I might have to choose death.
Nathan

VenM2
Location:Savannah College of Art and Design. Not really, I just go there for school.

Postby VenM2 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:31 pm

Unless by death she means the Devil's Food flavor cake... death incarnate!

Svix

Postby Svix » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:07 pm

Never played portal. I just keep hearing people say "We will give you cake" and "The cake is a lie!" and "Still alive."
I was like this until Christmas, then I popped on amazon and saw the orange box for dirt cheap and grabbed it, expecting to enjoy the half life episodes the most. But my God, portal is gold just for the sheer 'WTF?!' factor and you no longer would have to endure all this cake crap with little understanding from other people! Now that's marketing.

Introspection

Postby Introspection » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:51 pm

Oh noes, Millie is experimenting with cooking! Don't do that, Ozy! Choose death, quick!! :shock:

Oh, look at me, still talking when there's science to do. Going to do some science over there, kthxbaidieinafire :V

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:59 pm

I get the significance of TCIaL, but I'm getting very tired of seeing it online every single time somebody mentions cake. In this case, I'll admit that the the death option made the reference inevitable.
Heh, Ozy doesn't sound particularly enthusiastic about the cake.
If Millie baked it herself, even with good intentions, the chance of him regretting his consumption of it is greater than 60 percent. You can bet that she strayed from any directions given.

Either that, or he's so confident in his Buddhism that he doesn't really care whether he lives or dies.
See other much-maligned creatures in my webcomic: http://downscale.comicgenesis.com

Steve the Pocket

Postby Steve the Pocket » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:32 pm

But my God, portal is gold just for the sheer 'WTF?!' factor and you no longer would have to endure all this cake crap with little understanding from other people! Now that's marketing.
Ah, but the endless gratuitous references don't get any less annoying. Especially when they completely fail to ever stop.

Oh, and of course now that the Portal references have started to wear thin, everybody's spewing Team Fortress 2 quotes willy-nilly. Nuts to your dispenser, Scout!

Also for those who aren't familiar with the routine: Eddie Izzard on religious fervor

Glenn565

Postby Glenn565 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:31 pm

But my God, portal is gold just for the sheer 'WTF?!' factor and you no longer would have to endure all this cake crap with little understanding from other people! Now that's marketing.
Ah, but the endless gratuitous references don't get any less annoying. Especially when they completely fail to ever stop.

Oh, and of course now that the Portal references have started to wear thin, everybody's spewing Team Fortress 2 quotes willy-nilly. Nuts to your dispenser, Scout!
Spy sapping my cake!

rabid_fox

Postby rabid_fox » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:41 pm

Izzard is a Personality Comedian. In other words, his jokes are only funny when he's telling them. Unfortunately, a lot of people think that quoting Izzard skits makes them paragons of excellence. Alas.
Thither

ImAWaffle

Postby ImAWaffle » Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:02 am

You think Eddie Izzard would make a good voice for Llewellyn?

Return to “O&M Strips”