Tuesday, March 11, 2008 - Cruel Beans

Discussion of any of the archived O&M comics, and potential new ones should they ever come about.

Moderator:Æron

Chris
Tuesday, March 11, 2008 - Cruel Beans

Postby Chris » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:02 am

ROFL, Thats an awesome name for a Coffee shop XD!

osprey

Postby osprey » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:07 am

HAHAHAHA, beats the hell outta Starbucks any day!
OK. pants it. I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

Quexinos

Postby Quexinos » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:08 am

Aww, all that bad luck Millie wished on Felicia turned out to be a good thing.
Quexinos - Worse than Hitler

AvestheFox

Postby AvestheFox » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:02 pm

There's just something sad about this strip. I mean, poor Millie's gone out of her way to help her worst enemy find friends again, and yet it seems to not have effected the idiot black sheep one bit.

Ah well.. +1 for Millie =)

Steve the Pocket

Postby Steve the Pocket » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:09 pm

There's just something sad about this strip. I mean, poor Millie's gone out of her way to help her worst enemy find friends again, and yet it seems to not have effected the idiot black sheep one bit.

Not the first time that's happened. Remember the arc where she tries to help Felicia find unpopular music she could like? OK, that did sort of affect her because that's why she went Goth in the first place, but still.

AvestheFox

Postby AvestheFox » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:33 pm

Not the first time that's happened. Remember the arc where she tries to help Felicia find unpopular music she could like? OK, that did sort of affect her because that's why she went Goth in the first place, but still.
Actually,I didn't think Felicia went for the whole Goth - Curse theme until she discovered the wonders of Egyptian curses at the museum. I'm surprised that story ark has not been mentioned since then, what with Felicia's Curse Goth getup.

Baconsticks

Postby Baconsticks » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:26 pm

Actually,I didn't think Felicia went for the whole Goth - Curse theme until she discovered the wonders of Egyptian curses at the museum. I'm surprised that story ark has not been mentioned since then, what with Felicia's Curse Goth getup.
Either that, or Felicia is a reflection of major public opinion in our time.

Kyler Thatch

Postby Kyler Thatch » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:11 pm

Is it just me, or do all relatively small business establishments have to have "clever" word-play in their names?
If I remember correctly, she started doing the goth thing way before the field trip, then stopped for a while, then got back into it after the whole Egyptian curse... thing.
Rainy Day Donuts
Made from 110% recycled paper

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:08 pm

Yes, the goth phase began shortly after her attempt to acquire a taste for other music and before the museum trip.

Now that I think on it, the comic seems to have increased its frequency of lasting changes. Which is good in my book.
See other much-maligned creatures in my webcomic: http://downscale.comicgenesis.com

GeorgiaCoyote

Postby GeorgiaCoyote » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:17 pm

Well she is a goth now after all. It's not in their nature to be appreciative really. I'm still half expecting this not to last and her going back to her old self like before the whole field trip incident. Might be a little too far along the goth road now to turn back.
Nathan

Sage

Postby Sage » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:22 pm

I sure could go for some hot chocolate from Cruel Beans Gothy Shop. Errr, coffee shop?

gforce422

Postby gforce422 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:28 pm

I sure could go for some hot chocolate from Cruel Beans Gothy Shop. Errr, coffee shop?
:grin:
gforce422 is awesome because:
-He made the absolute nicest comments about me in the other topic. I didn't respond to them yet, because I suck, but they are greatly appreciated! =D
-I would say he would also be a good runner up as one of the nicest people alive.
-He joined the IRC sometimes. But not enough, I say! Chat moar =D
-He is evidently only 18 year old but he could easily pass for 25. =D
-He is a drummer like *I* am and this in itself is cool.
Astro> gforce's smiles can cure cancer in kittens
Astro> the happiness radiating from your person is enough to solve tensor calculus
<mib_4do271>everything you touch explodes in pillows of happiness

Simba Cub

Postby Simba Cub » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:38 pm

This is gonna sound odd, but Millie feels... younger, somehow?

Rich::

Ibun

Postby Ibun » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:52 pm

Clearly he saw my topic about beans and was inspired to make this comic.
Killin' the first born of lyrical Yul Brynners.

Rikirk

Postby Rikirk » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:03 pm

I sure hope Millie gets Karma points for this.
"Yes, yes I'll admit I tuned you out but in my defense its because I've already figured out you're stupid." Dr. Rodney McKay Stargate: Atlantis

"Did you say mattress?,...I did ask you not to. Now I have to get into the fish tank and sing."

Return to “O&M Strips”