Jan 25th 2008: Forensic work

Discussion of any of the archived O&M comics, and potential new ones should they ever come about.

Moderator:Æron

Quexinos
Jan 25th 2008: Forensic work

Postby Quexinos » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:40 am

The funny thing is, I actually CAN see Millie doing that XD

EDIT:
I hope this is okay that I made the topic, I didn't see it... and I don't think it's against the rules if you're new but... just lemme know if I did wrong
Quexinos - Worse than Hitler

NHJ BV

Postby NHJ BV » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:53 am

Zen Master Ikyoto said: "The world is vast and wide. Why, then, do you wear pants in which you could smuggle Volkswagens?"

Bocaj Claw

Postby Bocaj Claw » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:22 pm

Ms Sorkowitz has a point sadly. And not just about it being easier. She can't just assume that she knows what happened. That would be unfair to one or both of the involved. She still probably should have asked any witnesses but it looks like only Ozy, Millie, and Jeremy were on the scene so as a teacher she has to be wary of Ozy's testimony because he is Millie's friend.

Doesn't make it right or fair though.
That which does not kill me, cripples me for life.

My deviantART account

rabid_fox

Postby rabid_fox » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:49 pm

Interesting play with contrasts in this strip. Decent punchline too.
Thither

Kazapsky

Postby Kazapsky » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:40 pm

The sad part is, Sorkowitz's argument works in a school setting, even if it holds less water than a sieve - which it does.

If you're smart enough to be a teacher, one would think surely you're smart enough to see just how flimsy that line is. Then again, one would think we'd put mature, intelligent people in governmental positions, and that almost never happens.

Sage

Postby Sage » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:52 pm

It's sort of sad. You know that DCS gets ideas from personal experience. Something similar must have happened.

I wonder if this will take a different turn... and justice prevails!

Of course, this storyline can go so many different direction. It's killing me thinking of what's going to happen.

GeorgiaCoyote

Postby GeorgiaCoyote » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:11 pm

Doesn't make it right or fair though.
No it doesn't but sadly that is life. Still I am losing some respect I had for Ms. Sorkowitz. Siding with Mr. Vine on this issue just doesn't seem to be her style. Common sense would dictate that she would have obviously been provoked but let's face it, common sense appears to be disappearing very fast from this world. Tis a shame. I hope things work out for Millie in the end.
Nathan

VenM2
Location:Savannah College of Art and Design. Not really, I just go there for school.

Postby VenM2 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:53 pm

I wonder who was it that extracted their souls... jk. Nobody can win a logical argument against Ms. Mudd... though this school is being highly illogical.

The J.A.M.

Postby The J.A.M. » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:11 pm

And sadly, Ms. Sorkowitz has given in to the "zero tolerance" side...

Cosmic^Chicory

Postby Cosmic^Chicory » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:06 pm

And sadly, Ms. Sorkowitz has given in to the "zero tolerance" side...
The sad part is, Sorkowitz's argument works in a school setting
The good news being, that argument works *only* on a school setting. Judges, for example, rarely see actual crimes - they make decisions regarding the validity of *evidence* - as do parents. Parent didn't see the child steal and eat the cookie, but the child's mouth is covered in cookie crumbs - odds are, the kid took the cookie.

Honestly, it makes me wonder what other problems Ms. Sorkowitz has - is she not hungry unless she see's food? Does she not feel tired until she sees a bed? Does she think she's the only living thing on the planet every time she's alone?

People who rely soley on what they see, need to see a doctor. Especially when they're in positions of authority - come to think of it, she should probably take medical leave from work, and be given some serious and intensive counselling and job retraining. As it is, she's not capable of functioning effectivly in her curren job, and I would doubt her capability to look after herself unless someone's there with her all the time. :(

Archae

Postby Archae » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:15 pm

I have a suggestion:

Millie's Mom gets on her cell phone.

After hanging up, she asks to have Jeremy brought in as well.

Then the person called shows up, Isolde.

The whole situation is explained to Isolde.

Isolde gives Jeremy and teacher a dirty look.
Jeremy runs and hides in a corner, in a fetal position.

Teacher joins Jeremy rather quickly, after Jeremy confesses everything out of sheer terror.

:laugh:

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:02 pm

I'd feel more sympathy for the Sorkmeister if she weren't smiling in the last panel.
Millie's Mom gets on her cell phone.

After hanging up, she asks to have Jeremy brought in as well.

Then the person called shows up, Isolde.

The whole situation is explained to Isolde.

Isolde gives Jeremy and teacher a dirty look.
Jeremy runs and hides in a corner, in a fetal position.

Teacher joins Jeremy rather quickly, after Jeremy confesses everything out of sheer terror.

:laugh:
Not bad, newcomer Archae. Care for a wing-glomp?
See other much-maligned creatures in my webcomic: http://downscale.comicgenesis.com

teozo

Postby teozo » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:13 pm

I had more cruel and terible teachers the Miz. Sorkowitz and they had better sens of justyce then her.
But what's really terible is that she has a point, am I really saying this? Sadly, yes.
Who thinks war is good is against me.
Who likes war is hateing me.

http://www.prato.linux.it/~lmasetti/ant ... hp?lang=en
Anti-war songs website.

http://www.croatianhistory.net/
About my Homeland. Read it.

http://www.paulhone.com/
Force H - good music

MandoAndy

Postby MandoAndy » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:20 pm

I never did trust or like Ms. Sorkowitz. I was hoping my instincts were wrong, but it seems as if she's just as biased towards the popular kids as I thought she was.

I hope Ms. Mudd can talk some sense into the school faculty and prevent something like this from happening again to another student.

I wonder where Ozy is? He's been more quiet than usual during this storyline. I wonder what his reaction to Millie's punch will be. The last we saw of him was when he mythbusted Jeremy's face falling off - and before that, he just watched in horror with his mouth agape as Millie socked the big dumb rabbit bully in the jaw.

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:23 pm

The last we saw of him was when he mythbusted Jeremy's face falling off
No, we saw him once since.
See other much-maligned creatures in my webcomic: http://downscale.comicgenesis.com

Return to “O&M Strips”