Fear

Discuss everything related to Ozy and Millie.
Mattes
Fear

Postby Mattes » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:35 pm

I don´t want that DCS does new O&M strips sometimes in the Future that would just kill the last good thoughts about DCS for me, and would also kill O&M.

DCS should stop drawing things :mad:
Bugger off you bastards bugger off
Like a heard of bloody swine who refuse to leave the trough
You'll get no more this evening so you bastards bugger off
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOtLbwjKhOg

Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Re: Fear

Postby Muninn » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:07 pm

While I can understand why you feel that way it's not really up to you to tell her what she shouldn't draw, nor are you obliged to look at anything she draws. It would be like someone like me, who isn't much of a Doctor Who fan, saying they shouldn't have started any new series.

We haven't seen anything of what any new Ozy and Millie story will be like I think. So I prefer to leave any judgement about that when it's released.

Mattes

Postby Mattes » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:32 pm

I know sometimes I´m a little overeactive but i think, it should be ended how it ended because she draw 10 years of quality comics and i think after 10 years its enough.

But I will wait maybe I´m wrong
Like a heard of bloody swine who refuse to leave the trough
You'll get no more this evening so you bastards bugger off
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOtLbwjKhOg

Doc Sigma

Postby Doc Sigma » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:41 pm

I don´t want that DCS does new O&M strips sometimes in the Future that would just kill the last good thoughts about DCS for me, and would also kill O&M.
I can't, he's football team.

Rooster

Postby Rooster » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:00 pm

I know sometimes I´m a little overeactive but i think, it should be ended how it ended because she draw 10 years of quality comics and i think after 10 years its enough.

Tell that to Garry Trudeau, his strip's been going since the Vietnam war and it's still bloody amazing. Same with Steve Bell.

Member #1243

Postby Member #1243 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:41 pm

true, but DCS's work isn't
Animals are usually dumb and oblivious

Kuro

Postby Kuro » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:27 pm

Tell that to Garry Trudeau, his strip's been going since the Vietnam war and it's still bloody amazing. Same with Steve Bell.

But they do/good/ comics

Rooster

Postby Rooster » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:22 pm

I'll be one of the first to admit I think that DCS has lost his edge, but him ceasing drawing isn't going to make it any better. He just needs to extract his head from his arse and remember what made his strip so popular the first time around.

Extreme-Speed

Postby Extreme-Speed » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:07 am

Why is "Doonesbury" amazing?

Merry Christmas, DC

Postby Merry Christmas, DC » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:55 pm

BECAUSE ALEX IS THINKING OF DUMPING THE SLOW KID.
Meh, shes a lesbian.

Rooster

Postby Rooster » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:39 am

That, and the stories are engaging, it's funny, it has a point, it's intelligently written, it's topical, it's well drawn, the characters are intresting and well defined, and it's funny and at the same time serious....I mean, I could go on with more reasons as to why Doonesbury is the GREATEST cartoon strip ever drawn but I'm bored.

Maggot Brain

Postby Maggot Brain » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:46 am

That, and the stories are engaging, it's funny, it has a point, it's intelligently written, it's topical, it's well drawn, the characters are intresting and well defined, and it's funny and at the same time serious....I mean, I could go on with more reasons as to why Doonesbury is the GREATEST cartoon strip ever drawn but I'm bored.
Yep, this is amazing stuff. Such subtlety. :roll:

Rooster

Postby Rooster » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:52 pm

Oh sure, I'm not saying Doonsbury is perfect, but compared to the grand majority of other strips out there it's legendary.

Tom_Radigan

Postby Tom_Radigan » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:11 pm

Oh sure, I'm not saying Doonsbury is perfect, but compared to the grand majority of other strips out there it's legendary.
That's because so many comic strips out there are awful. All it does is preach to the choir, like Mallard Fillmore. Comics like Mutts and Broom Hilda, on the other hand, are genuinely witty.

Arloest
Moderator (retired)

Postby Arloest » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:43 pm

Let's turn this into a topic about horrible cartoonists like Ted Rall, Chuck Asay, Glenn and Gary McCoy, Michael Ramirez, Mike Miller and Mike Lester.
Who sleeps shall awake, greeting the shadows from the sun
Who sleeps shall awake, looking through the window of our lives
Waiting for the moment to arrive...
Show us the silence in the rise,
So that we may someday understand...

Return to “Ozy and Millie”