Books and finale: some stuff

Discuss everything related to Ozy and Millie.
Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Postby Muninn » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:43 pm

Don't listen to many of these other posters, the ones who are always cynical! Listen instead to us loyal fans who are cynical towards them!
The name of the site itself is Define "Cynical". That should give people some kind of clue. If we can't even allow differing opinions about the comic in this part of the forum, then maybe this section should be scrapped.

Ibun

Postby Ibun » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:00 pm

Don't listen to many of these other posters, the ones who are always cynical! Listen instead to us loyal fans who are cynical towards them!
The name of the site itself is Define "Cynical". That should give people some kind of clue. If we can't even allow differing opinions about the comic in this part of the forum, then maybe this section should be scrapped.
I think this is my favorite non-art post of yours.
Killin' the first born of lyrical Yul Brynners.

Dr. Sticks

Postby Dr. Sticks » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:02 pm

I like how, for the first few years, rather than continue posting as cynical assholes as the name appears to suggest, people actually just left the forums when they decided they didn't like OM anymore.
http://www.spingain.com/?ref=146518
Well put doog. You never posted anything offensive whatsoever
we know she'll be back, like a good bitch should.

FerretParade

Postby FerretParade » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:26 pm

I for one embrace this evolved cartoon style with open arms. Mayhaps I am just biased because its more along the lines of what I am about when I draw. But it appears to me to be a style of looser limits on the laws and ideas of what people perceive to be how an object should look. That only broadens our look into the artists world and makes it all the more fun for them! Not to mention its a cuter style with line work that just has a flow. I could totally tell that it was digital hehe. Digital art just has a way of feeling that way.
so there's a high school football coach sittin on the couch,
with a toothpick in his mouth.
and the stray dog won't forget the day,
he tricked him with a chocolate shake. (little trick)

Ibun

Postby Ibun » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:19 am

I like how Doog was gone. That was good times.

@FF: It was never about the art, at least for me, I just lost interest in the storylines a while back and never bothered reading it anymore.

FerretParade

Postby FerretParade » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:44 am

I only look at the art myself honestly these days. Well I really don't look at art, I feel it = p Art is an emotion man.

Ibun

Postby Ibun » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:30 pm

Dork.

Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Postby Muninn » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:06 pm

But it appears to me to be a style of looser limits on the laws and ideas of what people perceive to be how an object should look
I noticed this when the style started shifting that way too, but despite that I still prefer the old one. My point was more that a few people would rather we not say anything if our opinion is anything but praise and support for whatever happens in the comic.

And Ibun you're wrong, art is an emotion. It's just you can't feel it.

Baconsticks

Postby Baconsticks » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:18 pm

I for one embrace this evolved cartoon style with open arms. Mayhaps I am just biased because its more along the lines of what I am about when I draw. But it appears to me to be a style of looser limits on the laws and ideas of what people perceive to be how an object should look. That only broadens our look into the artists world and makes it all the more fun for them! Not to mention its a cuter style with line work that just has a flow. I could totally tell that it was digital hehe. Digital art just has a way of feeling that way.

FerretParade

Postby FerretParade » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:15 am

I loved that boss <3

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:15 pm

This is in the "current strips" thread but thought I'd put it here as well.

I got the new book yesterday. After the great job DCS did on the previous books, this one is a disappointment, showing signs of having been rushed into print. DCS also made changes to some of the strips.

Here's the lowdown:

1. No comments on any of the strips. Maybe she's saving those for the tome?

2. Pages 31-32 show what appear to be new pictures of some characters naked. Ay least I haven't seen them before.

3. The last panel of the first strip on page 75 has some weird marks at the top.

4. On page 101, Timulty is no longer wearing a shirt that says "sun". He is now naked and the "sun" has turned into a fur ruff.

5. The strips on page 122 and 123 are swapped. Locke now starts the food fight then asks why he wasn't invited. Pretty funny actually!

That's it. Hopefully, DCS will switch the swapped strips back in the tome.

The wedding story reads a bit better here but still suffers from poor storytelling. Still, I don't hate it as much now.

Waiting for the tomes!
My Deviant Art page, home of my epic biography of Captain Lucius Locke, The Pirate's Tale.
Now including artwork!

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

Derrick Fish

Postby Derrick Fish » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:27 am

As an artist, I have always enjoyed watching other artists work evolve over time. This has been no exception. I noticed the shift to digital as well, but I have been working digitally myself since 2001 so i am pretty familiar with some of the earmarks of the medium. That said, I think the transition was fairly smooth and, in a small way, added to the theme of growing up a little that was a big part of the last couple of arcs.

I also responded to your review in the "Current Strips" thread, Cougartiger. It is a pity that that thread go SO off topic. Ah well, nature of the beast, I suppose.

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:09 am

As an artist, I have always enjoyed watching other artists work evolve over time. This has been no exception. I noticed the shift to digital as well, but I have been working digitally myself since 2001 so i am pretty familiar with some of the earmarks of the medium. That said, I think the transition was fairly smooth and, in a small way, added to the theme of growing up a little that was a big part of the last couple of arcs.

I also responded to your review in the "Current Strips" thread, Cougartiger. It is a pity that that thread go SO off topic. Ah well, nature of the beast, I suppose.
Yeah, it seems no one wants to discuss anything realated to O&M anymore. Maybe it'll calm down after awhile. Or when Rainedog starts.

As an aspiring artist, I recently decided to stop trying to learn to draw the traditional way and go digital. I'm on the computer a lot anyway. Just makes more sense to me.

My drawing tablet and Manga Studio should be here tomorrow. Looking forward to trying them out!

That said, DCS will do fine going digital. It just sucks that there are no originals from the wedding to buy. I really wanted Locke's last appearance. Maybe I'll commission DCS to re-create it for me sometime. I just did that with a previous original that had been sold (didn't want a print) and DCS agreed. It should be coming soon.
My Deviant Art page, home of my epic biography of Captain Lucius Locke, The Pirate's Tale.
Now including artwork!

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

Jakkal

Postby Jakkal » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:01 am

This thread will be "offtopic" soon enough!

Return to “Ozy and Millie”