Why doesn't Millie age backwards?

Discuss everything related to Ozy and Millie.
Segovia
Why doesn't Millie age backwards?

Postby Segovia » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:29 pm

Hello again everyone. This question I have had on my mind for some quite time now. It all started when my brother asked me if Captin Locke is Millie's Dad and if Captin Locke ages backwards, then shouldn't Millie age backwards? I came up with a possible theory that I'm not sure is correct. I theorized that the property of aging backwards is eviornmental rather than heriditary. It sounds reasonable but does anyone have any other theories? ( I know that I over think things too much)

osprey

Postby osprey » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:54 pm

I think it's cause she doesn't live in the world behind the sofa...
OK. pants it. I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:04 pm

Maybe Millie had a 50% chance of inheriting her father's way and just happened to get her mother's. Or maybe it's one of those traits that girls can inherits only from their mothers.

Of course, we've never established how reverse agers come into being. Are they born the same way as we are, only with geezer bodies? That sounds all too painful and dangerous. Do they hatch from rapidly grown eggs like the Orkans from "Mork and Mindy"? Do they come forth by some cause that has nothing to do with, as the current Locke would put it, "icky things"? Maybe he had no idea that what they were doing had the chance to produce a daughter.
See other much-maligned creatures in my webcomic: http://downscale.comicgenesis.com

rabid_fox

Postby rabid_fox » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:45 pm

It's good to see all the absurdity go out of comics.
Thither

datherman

Postby datherman » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:50 pm

Because.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

The MAZZTer
Location:Destiny, several billion light years from Earth. Also known as Vancouver.

Postby The MAZZTer » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:38 pm

Because it would be inconvenient for the story.

Dr. Doog

Postby Dr. Doog » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:03 pm

No, seriously, I'm pretty sure it actually is to do with the fact that she lives outside of couchland, and not in it. you can't live indefinitely by switching between the two, but it does affect you at some point in your development.
pants jesus
DCS should've ended the comic a year or two ago.

Bocaj Claw

Postby Bocaj Claw » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:31 pm

I'mma hafta agree with Doog.
That which does not kill me, cripples me for life.

My deviantART account

Mista_B

Postby Mista_B » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:31 pm

Mille does age backwards!

In reverse.
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." <br>-- Bertrand Russell

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:37 pm

In reverse.
He's got me there. I forgot that Millie does age backwards from the perspective of Captin Locke and the couch world.

A dude named Vince

Postby A dude named Vince » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:14 am

I was thinking of something about the backward-aging genes being recessive, but I like the couch explanation better.
Like Shredder emerging from the ooze, I've returned for a while!
Gary's mod?

Rooster

Postby Rooster » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:14 am

I too am intregued as to why she doesn't age backwards.

Also, why are they all animals?

What the pants is going on!?

osprey

Postby osprey » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:04 am

I almost remember it being said somewhere that you only age backwards if you live in couchland.
OK. pants it. I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

LewisTheTank

Postby LewisTheTank » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:32 am

In reverse.
He's got me there. I forgot that Millie does age backwards from the perspective of Captin Locke and the couch world.
I like people that think outside the bo...er...couch!

:dragon:
"Do you really think you have what it takes? Do you?"

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:19 am

Of course, we've never established how reverse agers come into being. Are they born the same way as we are, only with geezer bodies? That sounds all too painful and dangerous. Do they come forth by some cause that has nothing to do with, as the current Locke would put it, "icky things"? Maybe he had no idea that what they were doing had the chance to produce a daughter.
The trailer for the new Brad Pitt movie "The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button" has him being born very old and aging in reverse. The infant they show is very wrinkled looking so it's probable that is how they are born in Locke's world. It's also how I explain it in my poem, The Pirate's Tale which is a biography of Locke's life told entirely from his point of view.

Locke clearly has some memory loss from his time with Ms. Mudd. I'm pretty sure he knew as an adult that "doing something icky" is how babies are made. One thing that bothers me is that DCS clearly has Locke losing his memory of being an adult. If they age backwards then their brain would too, resulting in them being more intelligent as they grow younger. He should have pretty good recall of what he was like, and did, 10 years ago.

The Buck Rogers TV series had an episode called "The Golden Man" which had an adult who acted like a child and a child who acted like an adult. At the end, the child explained his people age in reverse and the "adult" is his son.

The BBC sci-fi comedy series Red Dwarf had the crew travel to an alternate dimension where women and men's roles were reversed. Lister had sex with his female counterpart and got pregnant since that's the way it worked in that universe.

DCS has admitted he does not know how Locke's world works. In fact, the first time we see Locke's world, it resembles the cartoon, "Porky In Wackyland". DCS then calmed it down to a world seemingly stuck in the 18th century or thereabouts.

As for Millie, it's likely since she was born in her mother's world, that world's physics took over.

So, too much info? LOL!

Return to “Ozy and Millie”