The Wedding Or How O&M Crashed And Burned

Discuss everything related to Ozy and Millie.
cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:08 am

to put it plain and simple, for the first post:

please don't be so ardent in pointing out "flaws" (and I use the term lightly) in decisions made by the author of a comic as far as how to end it. It's his comic, it's his choice, etc. etc.
DCS created O&M and it is entirely her right to do what she pleases with it. I've never said otherwise.

Does not mean I have to like it. Nor does it mean I'm not allowed to point out logic flaws in the story. There is nothing wrong with stating one's opinion. I thought that's what this forum was for.

I would never want DCS to change the current story because it's what I want. It's just that things about the current story have been bugging me and I needed to share my thoughts. That's all. What's wrong with that?

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:20 am

Here ya go!

Mista_B

Postby Mista_B » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:52 am

Huh, that really is awesome - and please excuse some of the posters here, they're refugees from IRC. :)
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." <br>-- Bertrand Russell

Fritz

Postby Fritz » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:53 am

Huh, that really is awesome - and please excuse some of the posters here, they're refugees from IRC. :)
lol like you're not

osprey

Postby osprey » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:30 am

Good stuff man, good stuff.
OK. pants it. I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

Chris

Postby Chris » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:31 am

Here ya go!

Saves DUE TO SHEER AWESOMENESS! To bad Locke ages backwards..[/b]

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:05 pm

Actually, if Locke stayed with Ms. Mudd and never went back to his world, it stands to reason that the physics of her world would take over and, eventually, Locke would start aging as normal in that world.

That was pretty much how I explained it to DCS when I commissioned the portrait. I gave no other instructions other than for her to have fun with it.

In the light of a new day, my original e-mail reads as somewhat angry which was not my intention. I sure wasn't angry when I wrote it. I just wanted to explain why I felt that DCS is going in the wrong direction with this final story. I would have rather had O&M finding some old photo albums and sharing some memories while wondering what the future would hold. Would've been perfect.

But, that's not what we're getting. I'll sit back, read the final story and hope for the best. Who knows? Maybe I'll feel better about it somewhere down the line. I hope so.

nickspoon
Moderator (retired)

Postby nickspoon » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:22 pm

That picture very much rocks.

However, your proposed ending simply would not work. If Ms. Mudd were to marry an adult Locke, DCS would have to come up with some way to circumvent the backwards-ageing effect of the couch world. As far as I can see there is no way of doing this that doesn't seem contrived. Ms. Mudd and Locke's innate incompatibility is one of the closer things to tragedy in the comic and it would be very poor form to simply nullify that for the purposes of self-satisfaction.

Fritz, shut up.
If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. (Revelation 2:5, NIV)
Josh Woodward, Ohio Singer/Songwriter, offers his songs for free. Give him a listen.

Dr. Doog

Postby Dr. Doog » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:48 pm

no u
pants jesus
DCS should've ended the comic a year or two ago.

Bocaj Claw

Postby Bocaj Claw » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:48 pm

Actually, if Locke stayed with Ms. Mudd and never went back to his world, it stands to reason that the physics of her world would take over and, eventually, Locke would start aging as normal in that world.
Only two things wrong with this:

One, if it does work like that, Locke will age normally but you'll still have an ten year old married boy married to a twenty or thirty year old woman. That dog won't hunt.

Two, if it doesn't work like that, Locke will get younger and eventually become unborn. Or however that works.
That which does not kill me, cripples me for life.

My deviantART account

Fritz

Postby Fritz » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:54 pm

Fritz, shut up.
lol

Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Postby Muninn » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:53 pm

Does not mean I have to like it. Nor does it mean I'm not allowed to point out logic flaws in the story. There is nothing wrong with stating one's opinion. I thought that's what this forum was for.
It is. But that also means you should be ready for people answering back, perhaps in a criticising way. The ones who put a little effort in their replies and reasoning are the ones you should consider, the rest disregard.

Ibun

Postby Ibun » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:14 pm

It's kind of hard to put any effort into my reply when I haven't read the comic in over two years.

That and I'm a trolling douchebag.
Killin' the first born of lyrical Yul Brynners.

Loeln

Postby Loeln » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:28 pm

Asuna Kagurazaka, Negima Magister Nyoro~nEgi Magi

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:49 pm

Only two things wrong with this:

One, if it does work like that, Locke will age normally but you'll still have an ten year old married boy married to a twenty or thirty year old woman. That dog won't hunt.

Two, if it doesn't work like that, Locke will get younger and eventually become unborn. Or however that works.
One: DCS has established that this is a world in wich magic works so it's possible Locke could just take some kind of aging potion. I've actually come up with several more ways to make Locke an adult again so it's possible.

Two: In the poem I wrote, the people of Locke's world stop aging at age 10. From that point on they have another 10 years (like a countdown) before they physically ascend to the next dimension. That works for me anyway.

It's a fantasy world. All things are possible.

Return to “Ozy and Millie”