Question regarding Ozy + Millie Books?

Discuss everything related to Ozy and Millie.
Derrick Fish

Postby Derrick Fish » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:48 am

I still think that "Prehistrionics" is possibly the best book title I can think of in recent memory.

That said, if one has "Prehistrionics, Perpetual Motion, Tofu Knights, The Big Book, Zen Again and Closer to the Void" is one MISSING anything in print?

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:40 am

I still think that "Prehistrionics" is possibly the best book title I can think of in recent memory.

That said, if one has "Prehistrionics, Perpetual Motion, Tofu Knights, The Big Book, Zen Again and Closer to the Void" is one MISSING anything in print?

According to DCS himself, no.

The only thing that I can think of that is missing is the one filler strip DCS posted when she was thinking about starting O&M over from scratch. It's not in the archives. Maybe DCS will include it in the tomes. We'll see. I recently bought said "reboot" strip from DCS and will scan and share it if anyone is interested.

Chris

Postby Chris » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:28 am

Reboot? Can you show it to us? o:

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:24 pm

I'd be happy to. It has to get here first. DCS claimed to have sent me stuff on October 10th but one month later nothing has arrived. I sent an e-mail asking about it a few days ago but so far DCS has not answered.

So, when it gets here, I'll share! The gist of the strip is Millie asking her mom about Lewellyn manor. It was intended to start the whole strip over again but DCS decided against it. DCS posted it on the site as filler but never put it in the archive. I was actually starting to think I had imagined it untill DCS said she had no problem selling it to me.

Considering recent events, it might not have been a bad idea to start the strip fresh.

cps10106

Postby cps10106 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:45 am

In a previous thread here I had seen a link to a website (which currently appears to be down) with .zipped archives of all (well, at least up to around 2006 or so) O&M strips, including a few I don't recall seeing in either the O&M site archives or any books (well, none of the currently-available ones anyway...I don't have any of the older O&M books)...

Ban on Human Cloning
Secret Meeting of the Treehouse Party
Mr. Studley in Ms. Mudd's Attorney's Office
Alternate version of Ozy and Millie's 1st meeting, Part 1 and Part 2
And I believe this is the "reboot" that was mentioned...
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:50 pm

A little trivia for you all. The book Perpetual Motion has a parody of ozy in leonardo devinci's sketch of the human anatomy. However for those who don't know what perpetual motion is, it is motion that will move forever without any access energy. However the cover does not make any sence since the cover has to deal with anatomy and the title has to deal with physics.

Also the book Prehistrionics has one of my SAT words in it. The word "histrionic" means overly dramatic. Personally I thought the word meant something with history. Anyway the prefix "Pre" means before, so all together I guess it means before great drama or something like that.

The only books named after comics are The big book o semi-coherent wisdom, perpetual motion, tofu knights, and closer to the void.
(I know I over think things)

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:55 pm

I'd be happy to. It has to get here first. DCS claimed to have sent me stuff on October 10th but one month later nothing has arrived. I sent an e-mail asking about it a few days ago but so far DCS has not answered.

So, when it gets here, I'll share! The gist of the strip is Millie asking her mom about Lewellyn manor. It was intended to start the whole strip over again but DCS decided against it. DCS posted it on the site as filler but never put it in the archive. I was actually starting to think I had imagined it untill DCS said she had no problem selling it to me.

Considering recent events, it might not have been a bad idea to start the strip fresh.
I sent DC Simpson some stuff too. Last month I sent my compostion "The Llewellyn Family Wedding March" and he hasn't respond yet. Also I sent a couple of my sketches to him as well and still haven't gotten anything.

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:29 pm

CPS, the links on that Beaker67 site aren't coming in for me.
See other much-maligned creatures in my webcomic: http://downscale.comicgenesis.com

cps10106

Postby cps10106 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:28 pm

CPS, the links on that Beaker67 site aren't coming in for me.
Oops, sorry, looks like there were some issues with my website. Should be working now...

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:58 pm

Part 2 is the one I requested from DCS. I must've missed the other ones. I actually like the way this reboot was going. Ah, well.

Return to “Ozy and Millie”