Why like D.C. Simpson german words?

Discuss everything related to Ozy and Millie.
Zaaphod
Moderator (retired)

Postby Zaaphod » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:56 am

This thread makes me VERKLEMPT.
Made by Angela. :D

CptRaccoon
Location:I want to be in North America, but I'm in the stupid Germany. But Danmark is also nice.

Postby CptRaccoon » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:46 am

This thread makes me VERKLEMPT.
verklemmt, ja sehr verklemmt.
Forgive me my ERRORS.
I'm a german dork.
Wich want to be an american guy.
Pleas, Pleas, Pleas forgive me.

I want to know what u think about my comic i drawing in the past?
I've got draw 5 strips and 3 are alredy online and I want to say it was writing in the puparty phase who you like to have a girl, wich started last year and end this year in the week I got my E-Guitar (funy?). I say that bevause I won't that u think I'm an psycho or something. It is full of fellings I have at this time!
http://cptraccoon.cp.funpic.de/Shit%20H ... 00001.html
And please give me a feedback!

I love millie she is the sweetest girl of the world

Neil Armstrang said when he landed on the moon:
"that's one more slice of Lasagna"

Chris

Postby Chris » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:04 pm

pants Stalin.
This is the only thing I've understood from this thread.
Da. Same here Comrade, Same here.

WRONG! Watch what you say.

Rooster

Postby Rooster » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:51 am

Chris dude, not cool. :/

Zaaphod
Moderator (retired)

Postby Zaaphod » Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:41 am

Yes Chris, that was out of line. Hence, it's been removed.
Made by Angela. :D

CptRaccoon
Location:I want to be in North America, but I'm in the stupid Germany. But Danmark is also nice.

Postby CptRaccoon » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:01 am

hm... what about talk you?
Forgive me my ERRORS.
I'm a german dork.

I've got draw 5 strips and 3 are alredy online and I want to say it was writing in the puparty phase who you like to have a girl, wich started last year and end this year in the week I got my E-Guitar (funy?). I say that bevause I won't that u think I'm an psycho or something. It is full of fellings I have at this time!

CptRaccoon

Thanks

Postby CptRaccoon » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:12 am

Thakn you. all user to writhe things in this thread. It was very interesting...
Forgive me my ERRORS.
I'm a german dork.

nickspoon
Moderator (retired)

Postby nickspoon » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:57 am

ACHTUNG!

ALLES TURISTEN UND NONTEKNISCHEN LOOKENPEEPERS!

DAS KOMPUTERMASCHINE IST NICHT FÜR DER GEFINGERPOKEN UND MITTENGRABEN! ODERWISE IST EASY TO SCHNAPPEN DER SPRINGENWERK, BLOWENFUSEN UND POPPENCORKEN MIT SPITZENSPARKSEN.

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.

ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. (Revelation 2:5, NIV)
Josh Woodward, Ohio Singer/Songwriter, offers his songs for free. Give him a listen.

CodeCat

Postby CodeCat » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:16 pm

DAMNIT! Nickspoon beat me to it.

Anyway, comparing German and English, I would say German is more flexible. It has more different sounds (German has tz, pf, ch, ö, ü, eu/äu as opposed to English which only really has th as a unique sound), so it has far less homophones than English. Furthermore, German grammar is richer than English grammar, possessing 4 different cases. These allow for more flexibility because they allow a freeer word order than English does. Compare:

Der mann seht den hund. - The man sees the dog.
Den hund seht der mann. - The man sees the dog.

And finally, German has a history of re-using words to create new words, like most compound words. English tends to borrow more words, making it dependent on other languages for innovation.
Furries? Are they the nutters that pretend to be animals and draw humans that look like animals? Christ, I sink my head into my paws... -Rooster

CptRaccoon

Postby CptRaccoon » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:45 pm

ACHTUNG!

ALLES TURISTEN UND NONTEKNISCHEN LOOKENPEEPERS!

DAS KOMPUTERMASCHINE IST NICHT FÜR DER GEFINGERPOKEN UND MITTENGRABEN! ODERWISE IST EASY TO SCHNAPPEN DER SPRINGENWERK, BLOWENFUSEN UND POPPENCORKEN MIT SPITZENSPARKSEN.

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.

ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
Nonsens
Forgive me my ERRORS.
I'm a german dork.

CptRaccoon

Postby CptRaccoon » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:48 pm

DAMNIT! Nickspoon beat me to it.

Anyway, comparing German and English, I would say German is more flexible. It has more different sounds (German has tz, pf, ch, ö, ü, eu/äu as opposed to English which only really has th as a unique sound), so it has far less homophones than English. Furthermore, German grammar is richer than English grammar, possessing 4 different cases. These allow for more flexibility because they allow a freeer word order than English does. Compare:

Der mann seht den hund. - The man sees the dog.
Den hund seht der mann. - The man sees the dog.

And finally, German has a history of re-using words to create new words, like most compound words. English tends to borrow more words, making it dependent on other languages for innovation.
First, russian have 6 different cases.

And secconds. I correct your about estimates.

Der Mann sieht den Hund. - The man sees the dog.
Den Hund sieht der Mann. - The man sees the dog.
Forgive me my ERRORS.
I'm a german dork.

Baxter Villa

Postby Baxter Villa » Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:26 am

Schadenfreude is just one of the most fun words ever, especially when you're explaining why you're laughing at someone who just smashed their thumb with a hammer. It's got an interesting concept wrapped up in it, it's hard to directly translate, and most importantly it's fun to say. Actually, I'd have to agree that most of german is fun to say. As another webcomic artist had one of his characters say: "I love German. It's such a fun language to get angry in."

And if I remembered any of my four years of high school german, I'd give you all a paragraph demonstrating my leet jrmn skillz. Which, when you come to think about it, is a little sad. Oh well, "so sind leben." I know the grammar is wrong.

anthony

Postby anthony » Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:27 am

America has always had a large German influence- going all the way back to when it was being founded.
Right after the American Revolution one of the duties of the founding fathers of the USA
was to decide on a national language- and (German lost to English by just one vote…. “One Vote”....)
If it wasn’t for that one vote, I and the rest of America would all be speaking German.
So there has always bin a large German influence witch we have borrowed and adopted some aspects of the German language and culture.

CptRaccoon

Postby CptRaccoon » Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:09 am

America has always had a large German influence- going all the way back to when it was being founded.
Right after the American Revolution one of the duties of the founding fathers of the USA
was to decide on a national language- and (German lost to English by just one vote…. “One Vote”....)
If it wasn’t for that one vote, I and the rest of America would all be speaking German.
So there has always bin a large German influence witch we have borrowed and adopted some aspects of the German language and culture.
Yes, I have say that also in this thread, but mine wasn't very lucky understanditable.
Forgive me my ERRORS.
I'm a german dork.

CptRaccoon

Postby CptRaccoon » Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:19 am

I have search in our Longman (by Langenscheidt) and found Schadenfreude.

Yes, I found to many german words are very funny.
I want to go from germany: not because the language währe bad, but because the land is not so much nature is not so great forests, and also sin most German real idiots just on the "high school" with a high degree, are the largest boggerbrains. In Germany, most people verklemmte deer. [Sentence translete by Google.]

You do a great job, find so many things about germany and you can good talk about in a forum.

Germans people are very angry when someone no the same thinking. But you can talk with many people with other thinkins out of angry. And you ask my why I germany don't like? YOu mußt go in a german forum and you thinkings say. The germany becomme very angry.
In english forums nothing.
Forgive me my ERRORS.
I'm a german dork.

Return to “Ozy and Millie”