Who is Mu-nan?

Discuss everything related to Ozy and Millie.

Who do you think is Mu-Nan?

Ozy's parent
22%
Other relative of Ozy
19%
A new, prominant character
No votes
Locke
7%
A minor, new character
52%

Total votes: 27

Angstwolf

Postby Angstwolf » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:31 am

He is Bob Barker in disguise!
no u

Tai
Staff

Postby Tai » Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:31 pm

Moved this topic to the Ozy and Millie forum, Current Strips are for discussing the comics. :wink:
This.

This is Muninn.
because muninn is a raven and ravendawn irc nick sock more commissions right

datherman

Postby datherman » Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:02 am

This.

This is Muninn.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

SotiCoto

Postby SotiCoto » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:29 am

Moved this topic to the Ozy and Millie forum, Current Strips are for discussing the comics. :wink:
This.

This is Muninn.
because muninn is a raven and ravendawn irc nick sock more commissions right
Odin's Raven... one of them.
Hugen was the other one... wasn't it?
If you are under the age of 18, you are advised not to interact with me.

Tai
Staff

Postby Tai » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:33 am

Huginn actually, thought and memory respectively

you can remember because it's Thought and MEmory, and Muninn and Memory are Ems

According to legend they flew around and told Odin everything but telling requires vocalization; they TOLD Odin so thus they vocalized, but chitanous beaks don't lend well to forming syllabic speech. Why would Odin have birds that would have trouble vocalizing the days events at a respectable rate when obviously flying squirrels with disproportionately large wings would be much better for the job as they'd be able to ride thermal currents and the jet steam and they chitter really fast; once you teach them language they'd totally kick a raven's butt in the realm of relaying news words words words

KJ Fellie

Postby KJ Fellie » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:38 am

:ozy: *yerf* :locke:
Food for thought...
Quoth the spotted fox: <b>*yerf*</b> :locke:
You usually
have to take what people say
with a grain of salt.
(or in cases like
mine, a shaker or two may
yield the best result.)

むらがあるフォックス
If you miss my old sigs...

osprey

Postby osprey » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:40 am

POLL IS ANSWERED.
Lol 81% of the voters.
OK. pants it. I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

KJ Fellie

Postby KJ Fellie » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:03 pm

Yeah, glad I voted for the right one. Part of the psychic ability, you know.
Now we just wait for Mu-Nan to say, "Ozymandias, meet your grandfather, Locke..."
"Eh???"
You usually
with a grain of salt.
(or in cases like
yield the best result.)

むらがあるフォックス

SotiCoto

Postby SotiCoto » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:33 pm

Huginn actually, thought and memory respectively

you can remember because it's Thought and MEmory, and Muninn and Memory are Ems

According to legend they flew around and told Odin everything but telling requires vocalization; they TOLD Odin so thus they vocalized, but chitanous beaks don't lend well to forming syllabic speech. Why would Odin have birds that would have trouble vocalizing the days events at a respectable rate when obviously flying squirrels with disproportionately large wings would be much better for the job as they'd be able to ride thermal currents and the jet steam and they chitter really fast; once you teach them language they'd totally kick a raven's butt in the realm of relaying news words words words
And for the sake of truly obscene irony...

Why would the spelling of the names matter so much when they belonged to a people who, to the best of my knowledge, communicated only vocally and never wrote anything down?
Not to mention the language they eventually procured has some strangely accented letters not even found in the language via which we are currently conversing...

This subject amuses me greatly.

Oh... and I figure Mu-nan probably isn't Ozy's biological father, but is deliberately set up to look like he should be.
I just figure we can rely upon the Simp's love of irony to fix this little matter.

KJ Fellie

Postby KJ Fellie » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:40 pm

I thought about that, but I kind of have the feeling that DCS is trying to move forward to something else he wants to get done. Or maybe it's more about their reaction to the revelation than the revelation itself.
You usually
with a grain of salt.
(or in cases like
yield the best result.)

むらがあるフォックス

Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Postby Muninn » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:05 pm

Why would the spelling of the names matter so much when they belonged to a people who, to the best of my knowledge, communicated only vocally and never wrote anything down?
Not to mention the language they eventually procured has some strangely accented letters not even found in the language via which we are currently conversing...
The spelling is one of the standard ones I've seen (the other kind has just one 'n'). It's a convenience. Kinda like how when writing Chinese names in English, you usually end up with several differing spellings but some become more standard than others.
Tai is also making a swipe at me, regarding the inability of birds at producing speech, because Muninn is the username I have on IRC (though I'm pretty sure you were unaware of this).

SotiCoto

Postby SotiCoto » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:15 pm

The spelling is one of the standard ones I've seen (the other kind has just one 'n'). It's a convenience. Kinda like how when writing Chinese names in English, you usually end up with several differing spellings but some become more standard than others.
Tai is also making a swipe at me, regarding the inability of birds at producing speech, because Muninn is the username I have on IRC (though I'm pretty sure you were unaware of this).
Fair enough. Standardisation is how languages come about, and for names that I don't hear often it isn't surprising that I wouldn't be aware of the standards.

And no, I wasn't aware you used that name... but now I am. Fair enough. ^_^

In any case... we may receive more solid confirmation or denial of Mu-Nan's nature tomorrow.... or possibly we could just end up waiting longer without knowing for sure.
I still remain fairly certain that irony has to play a part... if for no better reason than to be contrary.

Return to “Ozy and Millie”