Songs that remind you of O&M.

Discuss everything related to Ozy and Millie.
Hanging Tree

Postby Hanging Tree » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:42 am

I think I wasn't aggressive enough. Associating Ozy and Millie with Twisted Sister is a low blow.

Arloest
Moderator (retired)

Postby Arloest » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:56 am

You want aggressive? I'll give you AGGRESSIVE.

1.) He merely stated that the song reminds him of Ozy and Millie. He didn't say "OMG I LUV THIS SONG IT ROX!" It just reminds him of the strip. Therefore, the talent level of the band and the quality of the song is IRRELEVANT. If a two year old banging pots and parts together reminded me of Ozy and Millie, then there it is.

2.) Even if he did say he loved the song, so WHAT? Unless you're arrogant enough to think that everybody should like the same kind of music as you do, why should you care? It's not like you're going to change their minds by saying their taste sucks. In fact, all that will accomplish is more animosity towards you. Its overall a bad thing to do. So simply don't.

And no, I don't like Twisted Sister either.
Who sleeps shall awake, greeting the shadows from the sun
Who sleeps shall awake, looking through the window of our lives
Waiting for the moment to arrive...
Show us the silence in the rise,
So that we may someday understand...

Hanging Tree

Postby Hanging Tree » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:33 am

1. Even associating the song with the comic is an insult to the comic. Its like saying Ozy and Milly reminds you of a homeless pedophile who was arrested for raping and killing a group of ten year old orphans that reguraly volunteered at the old folk's home

2. I'm not saying everybody needs to like the same kind of music. I'm just saying that anybody who liked Twisted Sister needs to be executed.
Last edited by Hanging Tree on Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bocaj Claw

Postby Bocaj Claw » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:37 am

Speaking of rape and murder, its spelt O Z Y, Ozy. Not O Z Z I E, Ozzie. You're thinking of the guy that bites the heads off of small, harmless mammals not the comic character.
That which does not kill me, cripples me for life.

My deviantART account

Kyler Thatch

Postby Kyler Thatch » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:48 pm

If a two year old banging pots and parts together reminded me of Ozy and Millie
Oddly enough, that would remind me of O&M. Mostly just Millie, though. Or Timulty.
Rainy Day Donuts
Made from 110% recycled paper

Doc Sigma

Postby Doc Sigma » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:59 pm

Speaking of rape and murder, its spelt O Z Y, Ozy. Not O Z Z I E, Ozzie. You're thinking of the guy that bites the heads off of small, harmless mammals not the comic character.
And you're thinking of Ozzy. Unless Ozzie Nelson has a dark past of which I am unaware. Which would be awesome, actually.
a homeless pedophile who was arrested for raping and killing a group of ten year old orphans that reguraly volunteered at the old folk's home
Wait, so now O&M reminds you of Jethro Tull's Aqualung? That's quite a stretch!

Hanging Tree

Postby Hanging Tree » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:03 pm

Aqualung is about a homeless man. It can be argued if he is a pedophile or not. The line "eyeing ittle girls with bad intent" could mean he has bad intent or be implying that he is eyeing girls who have bad intent, which could be a refference to Cross Eyed Mary which is about a girl who steals from her father to give to the homeless, including Aqualung. Her bad intent could be the stealing although giving to the homeless is not bad at all.

Of course then you have the whole line about watching frilly panties and I'm not sure where that would fit in this interpretation.

Doc Sigma

Postby Doc Sigma » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:52 pm

For many years, I misheard the second line as "Eying little girls with a bat in his hand", and I thought that he was a murderer. I don't know if Ian wants us to see Aqualung as a pedophile or not (he's supposedly based on a real person), it's possible that it's supposed to be open to interpretation... for some reason I feel sympathy for the character, though, since if he is a pedophile it is likely a side effect of his insanity, which was brought about by a life on the streets (or the other way around, maybe).

Arloest
Moderator (retired)

Postby Arloest » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:26 pm

1. Even associating the song with the comic is an insult to the comic. Its like saying Ozy and Milly reminds you of a homeless pedophile who was arrested for raping and killing a group of ten year old orphans that reguraly volunteered at the old folk's home
...no it's not. As for the song matter in question, that Twisted Sister song is just about standing up to authority, which kinda does tie in as one of the themes in Ozy and Millie. If you're just saying the association is that bad simply because you don't like the band/song, then that is completely irrelevant, since its just your personal opinion.
2. I'm not saying everybody needs to like the same kind of music. I'm just saying that anybody who liked Twisted Sister needs to be executed.
You just contradicted yourself, obviously.

I know you probably didn't mean that as an actual, serious reply to my points, but damn it I have a debate tournament starting tomorrow and this is good preparation.
Who sleeps shall awake, greeting the shadows from the sun
Who sleeps shall awake, looking through the window of our lives
Waiting for the moment to arrive...
Show us the silence in the rise,
So that we may someday understand...

Fritz

Postby Fritz » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:15 am

Twisted Sister: serious business

Foxhound

Postby Foxhound » Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:10 am

Truth.
Image < http://stopvirgin.movielol.org/
ImageImage
"No matter how cynical you are, it is impossible to keep up."

gforce422

Postby gforce422 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:24 am

Truth.
The last dozen posts make me laugh so hard. :lol:
gforce422 is awesome because:
-He made the absolute nicest comments about me in the other topic. I didn't respond to them yet, because I suck, but they are greatly appreciated! =D
-I would say he would also be a good runner up as one of the nicest people alive.
-He joined the IRC sometimes. But not enough, I say! Chat moar =D
-He is evidently only 18 year old but he could easily pass for 25. =D
-He is a drummer like *I* am and this in itself is cool.
Astro> gforce's smiles can cure cancer in kittens
Astro> the happiness radiating from your person is enough to solve tensor calculus
<mib_4do271>everything you touch explodes in pillows of happiness

Hanging Tree

Postby Hanging Tree » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:50 am

...no it's not. As for the song matter in question, that Twisted Sister song is just about standing up to authority, which kinda does tie in as one of the themes in Ozy and Millie. If you're just saying the association is that bad simply because you don't like the band/song, then that is completely irrelevant, since its just your personal opinion.

But its among the worst songs ever (only beat by other Twisted Sister songs) Associating that song with anything other then a pile of poo is to bring that thing down because it has now been tainted by Twisted Sister.

Its like if it was found out Hillery Clinton associated with a man who is involved with the sex slave business. Even if she had no prior knowledge of what he did her connection to that man would still likely hurt her.

Quote:

You just contradicted yourself, obviously.

I don't think so. I believe in free speech and the democratic process but I would still use a time machine to shoot Hitler. We are talking about the greater good for humanity.

Foxhound

Postby Foxhound » Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:01 am

I don't think so. I believe in free speech and the democratic process but I would still use a time machine to shoot Hitler. We are talking about the greater good for humanity.
But then that would create an alternate universe where the Soviets rule! D:
Image < http://stopvirgin.movielol.org/
ImageImage
"No matter how cynical you are, it is impossible to keep up."

Zaaphod
Moderator (retired)

Postby Zaaphod » Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:06 am

Made by Angela. :D

Return to “Ozy and Millie”