The really obvious question...

Discuss everything related to Ozy and Millie.
Sage

Postby Sage » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:11 pm

Umm, I guess it's just the way DC wants it to be. If someone wants to create a game where you have a gun that shoots electrified flaming chainsaws, then that's what they'll do. Some people might not like it, but that's their problem.

If DCS wants to make a funny webcomic where the characters don't age, then I guess that's up to him. We aren't complaining :P

KJ Fellie

Postby KJ Fellie » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:17 pm

Well, most of us, anyway.
Quoth the spotted fox: <b>*yerf*</b> :locke:
You usually
have to take what people say
with a grain of salt.
(or in cases like
mine, a shaker or two may
yield the best result.)

むらがあるフォックス
If you miss my old sigs...

SotiCoto

Postby SotiCoto » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:08 pm

I caught that reference to Alien Dice in there... It does move slowly, but it does move.
.... Alien Dice reference? Where?
If I made one it would have been purely coincidental... Not because I don't read it (I have done)... but rather because it was one of the least memorable webcomics I have ever bothered to read through. Calling anything I had said an "Alien Dice reference" would be like calling bat-wings a "bird reference".
That said... if it was someone else then... fair enough, ignore that little counterjustification. ^_^
The simple answer: "Don't think."
Perhaps it's a Zen koan in disguise, meant to confuse the intellect into seeing the futility of concrete ideas, or however it was phrased.
Admittedly, since I first made this thread I have come to grudgingly accept the possibility of paradox as an actual mode of operation in "reality"... thus finalising the complete dissolution of "knowledge" as I know it.
That said... I think you might possibly be reading into things far too much. You aren't an English-teacher / Professional Critic or something, are you?
I usually keep Ockham's Razor in one hand to assume the simplest explanation for any given situation... which generally means assuming other people aren't as smart as you give them credit for... ^_^

FYI: I've also been diagnosed with Asperger's.
... Care to join project "Selective Pressure" then? It is my personal plan to force Evolution back into effect by systematically eradicating all the non-autistic people on the planet over the course of several generations.
Perhaps if this wears thin, Simpson will begin to age the kids. Currently, I'm satisfied with them not aging, though something in me desires some romance between Ozy and Millie.
Your Ind-Ins ... Individual Instinct... as I call it. I'd compare it to Freud's "ID", for lack of a shorter explanation.
Romance be damned, my Ego would rather paradox were avoided where possible.
Also, you liked poking anthills with a stick and picking at scabs when you were a kid, didn't you? (Link comes courtesy of Catena)
When I see these posts picking at what I see as trivial details, I think of this.
(Go ahead... Click the links... You know you want to...)
... When I was a kid?
Even now I rip my scabs off, secure in the knowledge that my subconscious bodily functions are doomed to lose the war of attrition against my conscious will eventually.
As for the ants...
Poking with sticks is beneath me. I have eradicated countless ant-nests with kettles full of boiling water (and occasionally aerosol-flamethrowers)... and eradicated a goodly number of Red Ants on their mating day (once a year) with gratuitous application of steam (and aerosol-flamethrower) to kill them mid-flight (and mid-coitus).
It isn't just the need to aggravate: after that incident when I was very much younger and found a discarded frying pan to use as a cricket bat, then having walked into the field with it held over one shoulder ended up with a top full of red ants and bites.... Let us just say my retribution was immensely satisfying.

Basically.... yeah. I'll flog the dead horse into soup.
If you are under the age of 18, you are advised not to interact with me.

gforce422

Postby gforce422 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:11 pm

I really don't care that much about whether or not the characters age. In the long run, I just don't think it's all that important. The beautiful thing about comic strips is that they do not need to follow the rules and regulations of everyday life, and I think you're taking this just a tad too seriously. :P
gforce422 is awesome because:
-He made the absolute nicest comments about me in the other topic. I didn't respond to them yet, because I suck, but they are greatly appreciated! =D
-I would say he would also be a good runner up as one of the nicest people alive.
-He joined the IRC sometimes. But not enough, I say! Chat moar =D
-He is evidently only 18 year old but he could easily pass for 25. =D
-He is a drummer like *I* am and this in itself is cool.
Astro> gforce's smiles can cure cancer in kittens
Astro> the happiness radiating from your person is enough to solve tensor calculus
<mib_4do271>everything you touch explodes in pillows of happiness

SotiCoto

Postby SotiCoto » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:00 am

I really don't care that much about whether or not the characters age. In the long run, I just don't think it's all that important. The beautiful thing about comic strips is that they do not need to follow the rules and regulations of everyday life, and I think you're taking this just a tad too seriously. :P
... I just find it difficult to enjoy something when part of my mind is giving me an Error 409 (Conflict) message on a regular basis. Either years are passing at the normal rate (as per seasons) or very VERY slowly (as per aging of characters)... and I honestly find it awkward to be able to enjoy it all when I have that constant nagging error message in my head.

Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Postby Muninn » Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:13 am

Hanging Tree

Postby Hanging Tree » Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:15 pm

... I just find it difficult to enjoy something when part of my mind is giving me an Error 409 (Conflict) message on a regular basis. Either years are passing at the normal rate (as per seasons) or very VERY slowly (as per aging of characters)... and I honestly find it awkward to be able to enjoy it all when I have that constant nagging error message in my head.

So I take it you don't like any comic strip and a large majority of TV shows.

Chris

Postby Chris » Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:12 pm

I don't mind O&M being 10 forever. Heck, I'll prefer 10 year old O&M any day. Being a teenager is Boring and LESS fun.

Beside, Realism and REAL Life is overrated.

SotiCoto

Postby SotiCoto » Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:48 am

I don't mind O&M being 10 forever. Heck, I'll prefer 10 year old O&M any day. Being a teenager is Boring and LESS fun.

True... but then all life is overrated...
... and so is christmas.

Unaging O&M is fine... but I also advocate the removal of the passage of time up to and including the eradication of seasons.
Let it be SPRING FOREVER!

Extreme-Speed

Postby Extreme-Speed » Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:29 am

True... but then all life is overrated...
... and so is christmas.

Unaging O&M is fine... but I also advocate the removal of the passage of time up to and including the eradication of seasons.
Let it be SPRING FOREVER!
But, that would be dull, and it would take away so many different story ideas that can be approached because of the seasons. Would DCS really want to draw a comic stuck in springtime forever? People relate well with comic characters that go through the same things that they are, like seasons, and so forth.

osprey

Postby osprey » Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:18 am

This thread is full of over-analyzing.
OK. pants it. I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

SotiCoto

Postby SotiCoto » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:26 am

But, that would be dull, and it would take away so many different story ideas that can be approached because of the seasons. Would DCS really want to draw a comic stuck in springtime forever? People relate well with comic characters that go through the same things that they are, like seasons, and so forth.
Needs more alien invasions then... to shoot away the dull.
Besides... are you accusing the Simp of not being clever enough to come up with entertainment value in a world of eternal Spring?

And these forums are full of under-analysing. I'm just balancing things out.

Angstwolf

Postby Angstwolf » Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:35 pm

I think that's because most of us don't care.

SotiCoto

Postby SotiCoto » Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:00 pm

I think that's because most of us don't care.
Or probably never even thought about it.

The irony is ... I can't help but wonder where your (plural) lines would be drawn. I ponder just how abstract the webcomic medium would have to become in order for you to stop with a confused look on your respective faces and utter a "WTF?!" ...
Afterall... things making sense is how we come to "know" them and "understand" them... that we might relate to them and analyse them. If things don't make sense then our ability to do the rest is hindered.

Clear?

Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Postby Muninn » Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:06 pm

These forums have had the "why don't Ozy and Millie age normally" discussion more than once before this. A lot of us have been through it. Just like almost every other comic in existance the passage of time is left to the creator, and most people just accept it as it is - just like how most people accept that wizards aren't real, but still get captivated by reading about their adventures.

Return to “Ozy and Millie”